If you are needing credit for completing Delightful Dollar, print and complete the following worksheet as you work through all 13 lessons.
Money can be managed with
Students now have more than $37,000 of debt coming out of college, requiring 10 years, or more, of repayment. And 36% of 30,000 college students surveyed already had more than $1,000 in credit card debt.
Roughly 60% of Americans would not be able to pay for a $1,000 emergency with savings.
The Traditional Solution
Gain wealth through personal financial planning.
This solution may create margin and eliminate debt burden, but it often does not fix anxiety and conflict issues.
It’s hard to get out of bed in the morning with the right attitude when you are overwhelmed with your life, emotions, finances, your relationship.
Net worth: $285 million
I’m scared about not having enough.
A bus driver about to retire with a net worth of over $1 million. She gained wealth through wise personal financial planning, and, yet, was still scared.
Why would I want to help them win a title? They’re not doing anything for me. I’m at risk. I got my family to feed.
Latrell Sprewell turned down a $21.4 million contract with the Timberwolves because it wasn’t “enough” to feed his family.
Please fill out the following 2 questions. Everything is completely anonymous. These questions will be used to help assess the effectiveness of this course. Thank you!
Whole Heart Video
Activity: Money Quiet Time
Dane Ortlund, in his book, Gentle and Lowly, describes the two main steps of being a Christian:
Step 1: Go towards Jesus
Step 2: See step 1
For this exercise, we want to go towards Jesus with our money life. In doing so, we want to break any separation we may have formed between our money life and our Jesus life.
Money Quiet Time
- Write down 5 of your latest purchases that you have made the past couple of weeks, from food and clothes, to entertainment and shopping.
- It is true that you may spend money unwisely. The first step to improving your money life is to experience the love and favor of Jesus, which is not contingent on how good you are. In all of your spending, your first (and most important) response should be to see:
- How Jesus is present with you.
- How He is supportive of you.
- How He is actively providing for you.
- Soak in these first three truths and let gratitude and praise rise up. Actively push away any thoughts about judgement.
- Now identify two of the financial goals below that are most exciting to you.
- Own a home.
- Buy a car with cash.
- Pay for kid’s education.
- Provide for my parents.
- Get out of debt.
- Go on an international vacation.
- Next, spend some time with Jesus asking him to reveal how these two financial goals will help you love Him and others in a deeper way.
- Finally, think about all of your financial responsibilities. Think about worries over paying bills, getting a good paying job, and doing all the right financial things.
- As all of these thoughts flood your mind, begin to meditate on the following 3 money promises of God:
- As you prayed this prayer over your money life, did the Lord reveal anything to you?